Monday, January 12, 2009

Byron Bay (NSW) – Just Love it!


The streets were filled with people wearing comfortable cotton ethnic clothing, leather sandals & dreadlocks are a part of the dress code.

The shops are a total trap selling all the things that stimulate the creative ethnic/grunge dresser. (that’s meeee!!!)
And I won't even start on the jewelery..........

Beautiful sandy beaches & oooooooh a’ lighthouse’ (one of my favorite things)
From the lookout points at the lighthouse we could see stingray, turtles & what we & others thought was a shark!!! Other days it is a good viewing point for dolphins & whales

The day we went there was very hot, sweat was leaking out of every pour of our bodies, but you won’t hear us complaining. Marty & I just had a laugh about how annoying it is when the sweat runs into your eyes. Bryon Bay just has a lovely feel & we were so happy to be there………

A shark attack happened up the coast that day, so I guess it was a good thing we had forgotten our togs?!!


We will be going back to check out more of the cafes & the Pub which has live bands. I’m told my favorite NZ band Kora sometimes play there. And of course to take a tour of the lighthouse.

I can’t wait………..

No comments:

Post a Comment