Sunday, January 30, 2011

1st Visit Back to New Zealand.....


Soul at Raglan & the classic Raglan Pub


Mount Maunganui & the Huntly Power Station


Ahhhh the land of the long white cloud, no traffic & the cold brrrrrrr.......

Actually I was most fortunate with the weather, the mornings & nights were a little on the chilly side but the days were beautiful & sunny.

Catching up with friends & family was a highlight although very rushed as 9 days was just not long enough.........

The first couple of days of course are spent with my Mum..... What FUN it was to go through some of my belongings that I had left behind, it was like walking into Aladdin’s Cave, so much I had forgotten I owned?!! And yes my luggage was overweight coming home...!!!

A visit to Marty's Mum & Dad's had me packing up the last of our belonging's (not that there was much), ready to commit to a new life....... thanks Mum & Dad for your help with this.

A drive out to Raglan calling into my favourite shop ‘Soul’ to purchase a few of their awesome leather products (adding to my overweight luggage) including a pair of Marty’s favourite sandals, along with a wallet & an awesome black leather handbag for myself that was on sale. ( Love a bargain)

A quick trip over to an old stomping ground, Mount Maunganui to catch up with some old buddies & meet a new addition to the group, welcome to Parenthood my friends!

Then back to The Tron (Hamilton) to stay with my dear friend Julie at her country cottage, drinking green tea on the deck in the morning sun...... ahhhh bliss.....!

My friends...... the coffee, the wine, the lunch’s & the dinners, & most of all the conversation – much loved. Michelle thanks for braving the roads to meet with me in Hamilton.......Maree, yes we had to go SHOPPING, & Cathy I am still laughing at the rental car......bahahaha

I also picked up a couple of ‘Kiwi Kid’ must have's before departing NZ, a‘Mary-Lou doll for my Granddaughter Charlie & yes my Mum (Great Nana) got her a Busy-Bee.

As much as 9 days was not long enough, I was very happy to be back...... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment