Monday, September 3, 2012

I have to go back to New Zealand.......


I was not sure if I was going to publish this blog......but I decided there was too much good stuff to tell you about......

We all have those moments in our life that you are never prepared for,  and April was one of those months for me.......The phone call none of us want,  I didn't recognize the incoming number on my cellphone.......
"Is this Lianne"?
"Yes" 
 "Lianne have the Police not got hold of you"? 
"No". 
"Oh"......split seconds of silence followed, my brain raced & surprisingly I intuitively  knew what was coming next. "Lianne your Mum has passed away"..........



After a few days of shock & confusion, my flight booked, I was heading back to the mighty Waikato in NZ. I swore I would would never go back home in the winter because I really don't like the cold. 
Well I have to say what a beautiful time of year to visit, the trees were still losing their leaves & were brilliant shades of orange, yellow & red. The morning air was crisp, but the days were beautiful & sunny. First morning I woke up to a frost, I had not seen a frost in 4 years! And when I complained about the mist & fog, my friend reminded me that this is the weather that has inspired poets, & now I see it as beautiful too!

Raglan Surf
I was thrilled to be seeing my home country in the eyes of a tourist. NZ has such beauty that I took very much for granted before. How pleased my dear Mum would have been with this change in attitude from me!
Oh & I have to tell you about the people,  I see & feel what everybody goes on about, Kiwis are soooooo damn friendly! I am still blown away by how nice my country people are?!!!

"Sweet as bro" was the catch phrase!

I returned home to OZ after 6 weeks with many childhood treasures from my homeland What an honour to be the one to plan the farewell & celebration of my Mothers life, who never left the soil of the land she loved & was so proud of....... 

Sleep peacefully Mum & thanks for showing me how beautiful New Zealand is in the winter.......
To my Family & friends, no words can express the gratitude I have for all your love & ongoing support, I am one lucky lady, & I thank you from the very bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment