Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Boats, Fishing & Sunburn

Captain Marty...!!!
It's only taken 10 years but Marty has finally got me baiting my own line!

We got up early on the Sunday & headed down to the Nelson Bay Marina for breakfast. 
Taking a stroll after eating we thought we would check out the prices on boat hire & as they were so reasonable we decided that it was a great way to spend the rest of our Sunday

I found my sealegs which pleased me as I don't usually go to well on the water.  We find what we think is good spot to fish, I throw out the anchor & then.............
Curse  those Sydney idiots that can't read signs & think our boat is some kind of turning marker!! I really get why boaties dislike jetski's so much now; plus two boats go speeding past either side of us. & we get bumped around by the 'Wash' in both directions, So much for a peaceful day out in the boat fishing...!!!

At the end of our 4 hours we have caught everything obnoxious in the sea including 3 sharks, a Red Cod & a Moray eel...!!!
I also caught red lobster syndrome & spent the next week itching peeling....!!!
But as you can tell from the smile on Captain Marty's face, it was an awesome way to spend a Sunday ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment